Let's face it, most people these days use the Internet on their smartphones, primarily an iPhone or Android. In fact, according to research, two-thirds of Americans now own smartphones, which they regularly use to access the Internet for a variety of online activities.
So to tap this growing pool of smartphone users on the Internet, business owners are or should be focusing on mobile optimization and building a mobile friendly websites to enhance their website traffic.
Reasons for using mobile optimization and building mobile friendly websites:
- Using mobile optimization and mobile friendly websites yields lightning download speeds, which means less lingering and more browsing.
- Mobile optimization and mobile friendly websites also enhance website traffic because it makes people comfortable. People can carry their smartphone wherever they go and browse by using the Internet anywhere.
- Mobile optimization helps with website traffic because smartphones are unique in their ability to bridge the gap between online and offline media through the use of QR codes. These QR codes can be displayed in print, and, when scanned with a smartphone, translated into electronic messaging such as a website URL, an email address or SMS message. This helps to gain trust of many customers.
- Mobile friendly websites and mobile optimization attracts visitors because it offers calls to action (CTAs) that often are obscured on desktop versions. Other desktop drawbacks include links that are difficult to click and contact pages that are buried in awkward menus. Most people have little patience for an unwieldy website and will leave the site if it isn’t mobile friendly.
- Mobile friendly websites also enhance your Google rankings, leading to more visitors to your websites.
- Mobile friendly websites and mobile optimization reduces the bounce rate and increases visitors to your websites. Content that looks wonderful on desktop version might look unreadable on a mobile device if the website is not mobile optimized or mobile friendly.